Yoga can help you stay fit, improving your mental as well as physical health. Begin your day with an energizing yoga session with the poses below and get your day off to the right start.
Upward plank pose (Purvottanasana)
This yoga pose is beneficial to your shoulders, arms and wrists. It can also help you boost respiratory health, relieving stress, tension and anxiety. Purvottanasana also strengthens your lower back and improve balance.
- While you sit on the floor with legs stretched straight out, place your hands a few inches behind you making sure your fingers are pointing backwards
- Lean back slightly on your hands bringing your shoulder blades together
- Lift the hip as high as you can, ensuring your knees are straight, feet are flat on the floor and not turning outwards
- At the final posture, the body should be in a straight line
- Hold for 10 seconds to 1 minute. Release the pose to sit on the mat and relax.
Downward dog pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
One of yoga’s most widely recognized poses,- it works to strengthen/toning the core and improve blood circulation. This pose works to provide a super, full-body stretch and great body posture.
- Lie down on your stomach and keep your palms by the sides of your chest
- Make sure that your fingers are pointing towards the head with feet slightly apart
- Exhale and lift your trunk, till your arms are straight.
- Move your head inwards towards the feet
- Turning your toes under, lift your knees away from the floor
- You should keep your elbows and knees straight and press the heels down on the mat
- Hold posture for about a minute and keep breathing.
Wheel pose (Chakrasana)
Wheel Pose is traditionally said to be energizing and can lift your mood. It strengthens the arms, shoulders, and legs and also helps in relieving back pain. Belly fat problem Wheel pose is the solution.
- Lie down on your back
- Keep your palms above the shoulders with fingers pointing towards the feet
- Fold your legs at your knees and ensure that your feet are placed firmly on the floor
- Lift your trunk and head both, till your arms are straight
- Arch your back and keep pulling your thigh muscles up, to ensure your body weight is resting on your palms and soles of the feet
- Breathe normally and try to hold the pose for a minute. Then slowly release the pose and relax.
A BOOST to your overall health!!!