There is a lot of chatter around BB creams and foundations and which one is better for every day. While every skin type is unique and has its own preferences, we broke down the basic difference between BB creams and foundation to help you pick your look and save up on time and money.
- BB creams are better for AM looks when you’re half asleep and on a time crunch. Only 10 minutes to get up and glow? Go for a BB cream because they are both a time-saver and impossible to mess up. Whether you go heavy or light-handed on BB cream, you will never end up looking like a hastily prepared cake. Foundations, on the other hand, are more of a nighttime partner when you have your sweet time to glow up!
- BB creams pack coverage, UV protection and skincare into one so you don’t have to pile up on different products and suffocate your pores – an ideal choice for the busy woman who doesn’t have time for layering. Foundations give you heavy coverage and ideal for the girl who likes her makeup to look like makeup.
- BB creams help you achieve that au natural (no makeup, makeup) look while foundations go for more of a just-jumped-out-of-Photoshop look. Depends on what look you want to wear for the occasion.
- When it comes to application, BB creams are best applied with fingers while foundations require some serious dedication and a faithful beauty blender/brush.
- BB creams give you sheer to medium to keep things natural and light, eliminate the oiliness and cakiness that comes with heavy foundations, Our favorite is Fair & Lovely BB cream that not only gives you a hit of hydration, medium coverage, SPF and other skin-loving ingredients but is also super easy on the pocket. Foundations on the other hand are usually towards the pricier side of the spectrum and offer a wide range of shades for you to choose from.
Have you decided which one is for you? Let us know what would be your go to base?