Our expert on board Dr. Nosheen Abbas brings you Nutradvice on How to get the best Skin, Hair and Nails of your life. But before you read on, know that this expert advise is going to be the bomb. Why? Because Dr. Nosheen is a certified Holistic Dietician and Nutritionist from the School of Natural Health Sciences (UK) as well as a Masters in Public Health. She has extensive knowledge and experience in the fields of medicine, social sciences, public health and nutrition. She has served in various capacities within Shifa International Hospital, PAF Hospital Islamabad as well as PNS Hafeez Hospital Islamabad. She has a very holistic and personalised approach to her advisory, catering to the individual needs of her patients. We asked Dr. Nosheen a few very important questions that every woman wants to know:
Dr. Nosheen what do we eat to look flawless?
Read on to find out what she said.
Which foods are a must for flawless skin?
As a nutritionist, I would say ‘water’. Water intake is very important. At least 10 – 12 glasses of water a day can help you get that dreamy skin.
Other than that:
- Yellow, orange and green fruits and vegetables: are the go to foods for a flawless skin. They are rich in beta carotene, vitamin C and have anti-oxidant properties. Carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, apricots ,tomatoes, and cucumbers are super foods for the skin too.
- Eggs: also play a vital role here, however, egg intake should be limited in case of hypertension and renal issues.
- Fish: is a rich source of omega 3 fatty acid , which has anti-inflammatory action to the body.
- Sun flower seeds: they are full of vitamin E and have antioxidant properties.
Which foods are a must for long and strong nails?
- Fresh fruits: specially berries, blue berries ,strawberries.
- Green leafy vegetables.
- Beans & nuts: including almonds and sunflower seeds,
- Lean meat, milk, fish and whole grains should be your diet staples if you want strong nails.
Which foods are a must for healthy and long hair?
- Egg: is the richest source of biotin that gives you healthy and long hair.
- Spinach, fatty fish, sweet potatoes, avocados.
- Nuts and seeds are also very beneficial for beautiful hair.
Which foods are disastrous for skin, hair and nails?
I would recommend not to have sweets and high sugar food items, fizzy drinks, high fat, fried and processed food as they will not only destroy your skin, hair and nails but your overall health too.
For personalised expert advise and diet plans by Dr Nosheen you can set up an appointment by calling Islamabad Medicure Hospital at: (051)2304952
What is the most important thing for you: flawless skin, strong nails or healthy hair? Comment below to let us know!