One can never go wrong with ponytails! But simple as they may seem to create, pulling off a sleek ponytail is more than just tying it up with a hair tie. You may find yourself wondering why it never quite looks like it does when it’s done by a salon or hair expert. So we bring you tips from one of the best in the business, Sabs The Salon, to show you how to get the perfect finish for this basic summer hairstyle like a pro!
1. Start with clean hair that is freshly washed. We recommend Sunsilk Perfect Straight Shampoo which is excellent to get your hair in the right shape and straight textured consistency for styling.
2. Flat iron your hair for an ultra sleek look.
3. Use the tail comb to create one section of your hair and brush it back depending on how high you want your ponytail to be.
4. Apply gum or hairspray for extra hold and a smoother finish.
5. Tie it into a neat ponytail on your crown with elastic.
6. Gather the other half of your hair and comb them upwards the same way avoiding any extra strands in the bottom.
7. Secure it together with the other half using another elastic.
8.Lastly, take a small piece of hair from the underside of your ponytail and wind it around the base of the ponytail to cover the elastic and pin into place.
Tadaaa you have got a salon style ponytail at home. Isn’t it great?
What’s your go-to summer hair style? Let us know in the comments below! XOXO