Breaking old habits is challenging, but improving your skin may be the motivation you need to amp up your skincare routine. Here are some common skincare mistakes that may be sabotaging your skin goals.
1. Letting the serum dropper touch your face and then put it back in your bottle. This will compromise the integrity of your product by introducing bacteria/oils that are on your skin.
2. Not taking care of your neck. Your neck is an extension of your face, so the skincare should continue below the neck.
3. Dirty makeup brushes. This might not be skincare related but it’s a huge mistake that is commonly made by all of us that can result in breakouts.
4. Popping pimples. Use AHA’s/BHA’s and pimple patches to heal the skin.
5. Not applying enough SPF. Protect your skin and apply about 1 teaspoon (2-3 fingers length) of sunscreen and be sure to reapply throughout the day.
6. Dirty pillowcase. This can result in stubborn breakouts. Switch your pillowcase weekly at the very least.