Acne is one of the most common skin conditions in the world. It’s a disorder that can cause red, inflamed, and sometimes painful bumps to appear on your face, chest, back, and even upper arms.
While acne can often be treated with over-the-counter products, there are also prescription medications like retinol that can help keep breakouts at bay. However, it’s important to understand that good skincare and lifestyle habits can help prevent acne. If you have acne-prone skin, the following tips may come in handy.
1. A commonly forgotten tip is to disinfect your phone frequently! Your phone contains a lot of bacteria so it’s better to clean it properly.
2. A compromised skin barrier can cause even more irritation, breakouts, & dry, flaking skin. Try to keep your skincare routine simple and heal your barrier before going hard on the active ingredients
3. Wearing sunscreen will help prevent scarring and lighten scars.
4. BHA is important to exfoliate your skin and unclog pores.
5. Washcloths and face towels harbor bacteria which can lead to stubborn breakouts. So avoid them at all costs. Instead, try patting in the extra water after cleansing your face.
6. Don’t touch your face! Your hands are DIRTY. Make sure to always wash your hands thoroughly prior to touching your face.